SECTION 1 - PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT & WHAT DO WE DO WITH THAT INFORMATION
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your store name, email address, and owner information. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
Email Marketing: Only with your express permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. Even prior to GDPR 2018, our mailing list has required customers to 'opt in'.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit or debit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will ask you directly for your expressed consent and provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by emailing us at email@example.com or by post to us at:
KAS Shopfittings, Chelworth Industrial Estate, Cricklade, Wiltshire SN6 6HQ.
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
Unless required by law, we will not disclose or pass on your personal information to any 3rd party, except for those that are involved in fulfilling your order e.g card payment gateway, delivery company, etc. The information shared will be the minimum required to perform the task.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our website is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers. In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
In addition to Shopify mentioned above, we use these Third Party Services:
- DPD, TNT, PalletTrack - delivery companies that get our products to you
- Sage Pay - for card payments made to us by phone or in person
- Brightpearl - our order processing and accounting system
- GDPR Banner - app on our website that asks for your acceptance of our Privacy & Cookies Policy and records your acceptance
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, - Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc)
- _shopify_visit, no data held, - Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, - expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer
- cart, unique token, - persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite - If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access